Yesterday, Paige, Austin, and I were playing with some toy animals. Paige put the sheep on the giraffe's back. (She's so silly!) I laughed and asked if the giraffe was giving the sheep a piggy-back ride. She looked at me as if I said something stupid and said, "No, Mommy, he's giving a giraffe-back ride!" Oops, my bad!!
Then today Paige was putting Lucky, her little stuffed dalmation puppy, and Lamb to bed in the family room. She had them laying on a pillow and wrapped up in one of her blankets. She had a stack of books next to them and she was reading to them. She had all of the lights turned off because they had to go to sleep. I asked her to turn the lights on so she could get dressed and she said, "But, Mom, they're scared of the light...the lights need to be off!" Isn't it usually the other way around?!? :0)
I love the imagination and quickness of Paige. She keeps us on our toes constantly and is such a joy to have in our house, even when she thinks she's the boss and refuses to take naps except maybe once a week!! (Yeah, I'm sad about this one!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment