Monday, July 23, 2007
Squirrels
So, I have to tell you about the squirrels here in American Falls. They aren't like anything I've ever seen...or should I say heard. During the first week here a big windstorm passed through and we realized that we needed to trim the big willow tree in the front yard because the branches kept hitting our bedroom window. Brian got out the wood cutters (or whatever they're called) and cut down several branches closest to the house. The next morning at about 6 o'clock we heard the strangest sound. Brian and I looked at each other with questioning looks. He got out of bed and looked out the window. And what did he see?!? A squirrel sitting on the "stump" that was left from the trimming. He looked Brian in the eye and then down on the ground where the branches were and back again several times...all the while chewing him out. I'm serious, this little squirrel was furious that Brian cut down his branches and he was speaking his mind. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen and heard for a very long time. And this hasn't been the only "incident" with these "Mighty squirrels of A.F." There is an apricot tree in our neighbor's yard and this is a favorite feeding ground for them. They pick the apricot from the tree, chew through the fruit to get to the pit, eat the pit and then throw the rest of the apricot into MY yard. They could just let them drop in the neighbor's yard since that is where the tree is, but no. Seriously, these squirrels have attitude. If you don't believe me, come visit sometime and I'll show you. It's crazy!! :0)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is the funniest thing I have heard. You need to get them chewing Brian out on video or at least take some pictures. I need to come and see for myself some time. How rude that you end up with the garbage in your yard!
Post a Comment