Sunday, October 05, 2008

Yes, we are alive!

I know I am a major blogging slacker right now. I keep telling myself that this is considered my journal and I need to keep it updated, but, boy, does life just get in the way!! Volleyball is still going on (2 more weeks), Paige is going to preschool twice a week, Austin's busy getting into things and just being cute, and Brian's working and has been busy lately with Scouts (helping a few of his boys finish their Eagle). Life has been good, though.

It's funny reading so many blogs and seeing that your kids are doing the same thing that mine are, for example, getting a hold of your camera without you knowing and taking some pictures with the said camera. What's so enticing about these little machines anyway?!? (Maybe it's just that they see us using it all the time to record the silly, cute and memorable things they are doing constantly!!!) Here's a couple of Paige's um.... self-portraits. :0)



Brian's brother, John, and his amazing wife, Bethany, were able to spend the night about a month ago (again...I'm a major slacker). It was so fun spending time with them! Paige had the best time playing hairdresser on Aunt Bethany and came up with some very interesting hair-dos. Austin even joined in at times. Thanks for being such a good sport, Bethany! I guess my kids are just breaking you in for your future little one!!!! :0) (We're so happy to have another cousin to play with!!!)


I've decided that 3-year-olds are much more challenging than 2-year-olds!!
Paige is such an intelligent, energetic girl, but what a drama queen she can be! :0) She is a sweet girl, though, and takes care of her little brother so well. I'm just hoping the tantrums and sneaking around end soon!! :0)


Here are a few pictures from our FHE a few weeks ago. We took the kids to the park a couple blocks away so we could enjoy the warm weather and spend some quality family time together. Boy, are kids funny when you set them free on a playground! Paige had to show Brian and I how big she was and how high she could climb on the rock wall. She would then jump off and tell us that she can jump "SO high". Like I said before.... drama queen!! :0) Life would definitely be boring without her!! :0)

I told Paige to smile pretty for the camera and this was the pose she came up with. Great, Paige!! :0)

Austin has been very funny lately. He finds things that he becomes fascinated with for a day or so and then moves on to something else. The day we went to the park his "item" was this whistle. Luckily there weren't very many people at the park with is, because it could have been very annoying listening to this whistle, over and over and over... you get the idea.


I think Austin was pouting about Paige having the whistle in this picture. I love this puckered facial expression of his! I can't help but to laugh and give him a little kiss!! :0)

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh I have missed your posts. It is great to hear that you are all doing great. We need to figure out a time to come a visit. Austin looks so grown up and I love the animated Paige. She keeps a smile on my face. Tell Bry hello. Love you all!

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

Jami I am so proud of you for posting with how crazy busy you are. I love the pictures. I can't wait to live closer so the cousins can get together more often. YAH!!! Have an awesome day! Love ya guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey stranger! it was great to get caught up with your happenings!

Anonymous said...

HEy Jaime, I found your blog, so now I will add you to my fam blog list so I can keep up with you and your cute family, check out our blog at planettlason.blogspot.com, love to all, Lori Nebeker