Friday, August 29, 2008

'Tis the season for...

...VOLLEYBALL!! Sorry that I haven't posted in over a month. Life has gotten quite crazy the last few weeks. Volleyball season is up and running and keeping my family VERY busy. We've played 2 games so far. We came very close to beating Malad last Wednesday but weren't as "with it" against Soda Springs on Thursday. We now know exactly what we need to work on, though, so that's good. I have a lot of freshman on my team (we only have JV and Varsity this year because of coaching situations) and I'm having to do a lot of skill introduction and teaching. Luckily my girls are athletic and are picking up on things. They are really fun, though, so I enjoy spending time with them.
Brian, Paige and Austin are adjusting to having me gone quite a bit. I think Bri's having the hardest time with it!! :0) I have some AMAZING friends here who have watched the kids while I go to practice and games. Paige and Austin think they get to have playdates every day because of this. Today Paige was upset that she couldn't go to her friends' house this morning. She said, "Mom, I want you to go to volleyball practice now, so I can play at Allie's house!" Yes, that was at 10 this morning and I didn't have practice until 3. I see where I stand now!! Oh well, at least I know they are happy spending time with good friends! :0) (A million thank you's to all of you who watch my little kiddos!!!!!!!)
Anyway, I'll try to fit in a few things that have happened this last month without overwhelming all of you. Here it goes...
My friend, Gwen, actually gave this pictures from the Pioneer Day celebration a while ago, yes, I'm a slacker! Here's Austin running and winning his "race". We start them early!! :0) Paige was all ready to run her race when Austin was running, but then she had a complete meltdown when I told her to wait to race with the girls her age and refused to run her race. Next year, Paige, next year!!

Next, we were able to go to our niece's 1st birthday party. It was so fun. The kids had a great time, especially because we had it at the fire station where Brandon's (Kandra's husband) Dad works. The older kids thought it was the coolest thing ever!! My mom and dad brought up Challis and Preston and it was so fun having them with us. Paige and Challis had to have the same hair-do, which I was happy to do for them!! :0) Aren't these kids so cute?!?

On the 16th of August, Brian and I celebrated our 7th anniversary. Brian surprised me by planning everything weeks in advance and arranging it so his parents would watch the kids. He wouldn't tell me for the longest time where we were going or what we were doing and then about a week before we left, he told me we were going to Salt Lake. I knew not to push him for details, so I left it at that. We stayed the first night at the Hilton in downtown SL and the next morning he took me to the Bountiful temple where we were married. It was so wonderful going back to that beautiful temple and remember that perfect day 7 years ago. After that we went to IKEA so Brian can experience that for himself. I think he's hooked!!! ;0) When we buy a house he's telling me he's wanting to get a lot of our new "home furnishings" there. I think he likes it, folks! The main reason for going to IKEA, though, was to kill time before we had to check in at the little Bed and Breakfast that we stayed at our first night after we were married. Can I tell you, this place is so neat!! It's called Parrish Place and the new owners are so nice. If you're ever looking for a good place to stay, make a reservation there! :0) We also went to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner that night. This is where we had our wedding luncheon.


Thank you, Brian, for the best anniversary yet!! You are such an amazing man and I often find myself thinking how lucky I am to call you my husband. Your testimony of the gospel, how you live up to your priesthood responsibilities, and everything you do to show love towards the kids and me make me love and respect you more every day! I love you!!!!

9 comments:

Annie said...

Yummy, I love the spaghetti factory. Looks like you are so busy. Good luck to your team and I think it is so great that you are a coach. I can only imagine that all of those girls love you.

Elder Richey said...

That sounds like such a wonderful way to spend your anniversary. Trips down memory lane always make things so special. I can still remember the first time I met you guys. You were still newlyweds and living near BYU in that little apt. The boys watched the Yankees game on a tiny TV. Good times.

The Teeples said...

So many fun things going on with you. Volleyball, good luck this year although I know you don't need it. I can't believe how big Paige and Austin are. They are too cute for words. Missing you guys. I will be looking forward to Volleyball updates.

Love ya,
Heather :)

Kris said...

Sounds like a wonderful date! Good luck on your games. We need to get the girls together and maybe Mary will let you do her hair:)
I tagged you so go to my blog and find out details
Love ya lots
Kris

Tammy said...

What a great few weeks. Brian did such a great job in surpriseing you. I can't beleive it has been 7 years. Time flys when you enjoy life. I hope to see you all soon. Love you!

David and Kristi Gailey said...

Happy Anniversary! We miss you guys. Your kids are getting so big.

Jenn Whitesides said...

I had a blog vacation so its been a while since I've checked up on you guys. I had good laugh at the picture of Austin's race. SO funny, and he really did cream the competition! I am so impressed that you are coaching volleyball...I remember how good you were from our stake volleyball tournaments in Columbus so your girls are really lucky! And Happy 7th anniversary. We'll have to try out that bed and breakfast sometime when we're in Utah.

Pamela said...

Hey! I found your blog! I saw Julie today at church and she gave it to me...you look great, and your family is darling...I miss you...we need to have a Nebeker reunion soon!

xoxo

Brandon, Kandra, Sydnee, Dawson and Emery Plott said...

Jami!! Yah you posted. Actually I can't say much because it has been awhile since I have posted, but my computer kept kicking me off, but we got a new computer so now I have a lot to catch up on, but anyway I love the pictures. And I am so proud of Brian on the anniversary planning. I'll tell Brandon to call him on our next one for some advice! :o) Hey I love you guys and we need to get together soon!!! Please! Love ya!