Yesterday, the kids and I went out to the backyard and had a nice little PB&J picnic. Daddy came home for lunch and joined us and we had a great time enjoying our sandwiches and the sunshine. Brian decided to pick up some of the limbs that had fallen down during our last wind/rain storm. Paige, of course, had to "help". As she was picking up her share of sticks, she turned to me and said, "Mommy, do you remember the rules?"
Hummm, where is this going to lead, I wondered. "What are the rules, Paige?"
"No touching the sticks, Mommy, because they are dirty and we don't touch dirty sticks."
"Oh, OK. I won't touch dirty sticks," was my reply.
"I will give you clean sticks to hold, Mommy. You can touch clean sticks." And as she gave me "clean" sticks to hold, Paige then asked again, "You remember the rules, Mommy?"
"Yes, Paige. I remember the rules. Don't touch dirty sticks, only clean ones."
"Very good, Mommy!"
Quite the interesting dialouge with a 2-year old, isn't it?!? :0) I just never know what she's going to say next!!
1 comment:
Makes total and complete sense. Why would you want to hold a dirty stick. Oh the things kids come up with. She is a smart one. Hopefully we will see you guys in Twin at the end of the month. Love you all!
Post a Comment