Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Birthday Boy!!



Yesterday was Austin's 3rd birthday. I can't believe he's already 3. He is such a funny, stubborn boy! :0) He is very helpful with Bryn, he loves to play with Paige and when he wants to be, he's the best helper/cleaner in the house! He says some of the funniest things now and I love how he can always get us to smile. For instance, we have a little boy in our neighborhood named Gunner. One day Austin asked me if I knew why Gunner's name was Gunner. I was about to answer him when he said, "I think it's because he really likes guns!" Yep, Austin, that must be why! :0) I just love the way a 3 year old's mind works!!

On that same note, here's another classic "Austin" example. The middle of last week he told me he wanted a dog cake, so I went to the store and got almost everything for it. Then yesterday morning he decided he didn't want a dog cake anymore...he wanted a farm cake. I don't know if it was Signing Time's "Leah's Farm" or the FamilyFun magazine that made him decide this, but his mind wouldn't be changed, so I ended up going to the store AGAIN and got the rest of the items needed to make his "farm" cake. I have to say it turned out pretty cute. Definitely not as cute as the picture in the magazine, but I am far from the professional that did that cake!! :0) My favorites were the animals, by far!! My sister and her 2 kids, Sydnee and Dawson came over for the party. We were going to have some of Brian's family there, too, but because of illnesses they opted out. Probably a good thing, but we're anxious to see them again!!


Austin totally scored on presents. Each one is his "favorite" which means everyone did good! :0) He got a set of plastic golf clubs from Aunt Kandra, an airplane launcher and a scooter from Mom, Dad, Paige and Bryn. I'm excited to see what he thinks of his grandparents' gifts that will be coming soon! :0) (I know what they are and I know he's going to LOVE them!!)




Happy birthday again, Austin. You are such a sweet boy and we are so blessed to have you in our family!!

2 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

Happy Belated Birthday to our favorite Austin!!!

Tammy said...

I can't believe he is three, crazy how fast time flies. We got your gift today in the mail. Love the ties. I can't wait until Ethan is big enough ot wear his. CJ already wants to wear his to church!