Monday, October 13, 2008

Snow already!?!?!?

We woke up Saturday morning to this. (Take note of the trike and the basketball in these pictures.)


When I got home from my volleyball tournament it looked like this (Brian had already wiped off the railing, by the way!).

This is what it looked like Sunday morning. Do you see the trike and basketball now? This was such a crazy storm. My parents and in-laws almost always get more snow than us, but with this storm, they had flurries (ended up with a few inches) and we had this...around 10 inches! Crazy!!
When we heard that a storm was going to come in, we got out our winter clothes. Paige and Austin LOVED these hats (thanks Grandma Buhler!!) Have to love the suckers, too! :0)
Paige has been going through a "clothes" phase, especially with her jammies. By this I mean that she puts on jammies for bed the night before and she ALWAYS comes upstairs the next morning with a different set of jammies on. On Sunday she woke up in these jammies which are definitely NOT winter-type jammies. I had my slippers on, Austin had his slippers on and Paige wanted hers on, but her horse slippers are too small. She decided that she could settle for my fuzzy socks. She thought they were hilarious, as you can see in this pic!! ;0)
This snowstorm dumped wet, perfect for snowmen, snow. After naptime, we all went out to make a snowman. Paige informed us that we couldn't make a snowman...we had to build a snow princess instead, namely, Aurora. So that's exactly what we did. Brian and I are pretty proud of ourselves! :0) Of course Brian had to put a "chest" on the princess. We had to tone it down a bit when we noticed how "busty" she was and thought it was a bit too much. These pictures were taken before the "edited" version. :0) After the snow-princess making, the kids got on the sled and enjoyed having Brian take them around and around our backyard. He definitely got a workout doing this. The kids didn't want him to stop!


Isn't this Aurora the snow princess, great?!? Paige sure thought so! :0) We even put a crown on her! ;0)





8 comments:

Bekah and Lance said...

I am very impressed by your snow auroa!!! I can't even get regular boring snowmen to turn out right, they're usually half falling over and such.

Bekah and Lance said...

Oh and I don't know if it's just my computer....but the last few times I've gotten on your blog you page doesn't load right....the header's messed up and the words go across the entire page.

Kara said...

Oh, how I do not miss eastern idaho! LOVE the volleyball pics - Jami, you're so hot!

Jill said...

I also couldn't beleive the storm! So not ready for winter yet. The pics are adorable!

Julie N. said...

You gotta love Idaho and it's crazy weather! When my parents told me about the storm I laughed because here was sunny and in the low 80's. As I'm sure you know it will be gone very soon. I love the updates and glad things are going good. You're kiddos have already changed so much and we can't wait to see them again!

Melissa and Kolby Nebeker said...

Yes, I am communicating on your blog for the 1st time. I just usually scan everyone's blog and don't respond, or clueless me just figured out how to !! Anyways, I agree with Bekah, Very impressive snow Princess. Our snow was gone too fast and mucky to do anything.
With a new baby,and how extra cold and windy it is here, we'll see how much we get outside to build snow stuff this winter.
Love you guys, Melissa

Tammy said...

I love the snow princess...you are both so talented. I may need to take lessons!

Laurie Gustafson said...

I can't believe all of the snow!!! I'm glad you guys were already prepped for winter with the snow suits! Austin and Paige look adorable. I'm glad you can get back to crazy family life now that volleyball is done!