OK, I promise this is the last post of the night! (I've had a lot to catch up on!!) The kids and I were able to go to the Twin Falls Temple open house last week with my sister, brother, two of my SILs and their babies. It was such a neat experience. This temple is very special to my family because we lived in this area for over twenty years. This temple is amazing, to put it simply. It is absolutely beautiful. Paige and Austin were fascinated by it all and every time they saw a picture of Jesus (and there are too many to count), they would get excited and point at it. Austin would say, "Jesus" every time and Paige would say, "Mom, that's Jesus. He's my big brother!" It was so sweet to see and hear their sweet testimonies through out the whole tour. The best part, though, had to have been when we were walking through the Celestial room. Paige was being a normal 3-year-old through out the whole tour until we got to the Celestial room. She must have realized what a special place it was because she folded her arms and hardly said a word (which is very unlike her, as most of you know). The hosts thought it was the sweetest thing. It's amazing how much you can feel the Spirit there, even before it's dedicated and becomes a working temple. I'm hoping to be able to go again with Brian since he wasn't able to come with us due to a Scout camp. I want to experience it all with him! If any of you are in the area before August 16th, take the chance to go to the open house. It truly is amazing and is the House of the Lord!
Paige and Austin by the fountain just outside of the temple. As soon as I took the picture, Austin threw Paige's arm off of him. Little stinker! :0)
Paige "posing" on the rocks by the temple. She was begging me to take pictures of her and was very sad when my batteries ran out!! :0)
5 comments:
That's so amazing! I didn't know it was finished! We saw the site two years ago (when we visited Twin thinking we would move there). It really is beautiful. So neat that you got to go to the open house.
what a neat thing for your little kiddos to see..especially paige, who really recognized how special it was! what a great mom you are!
Come on Jami...my kids (and I) are dying to see some new pictures and hear what you've been up to! We need a new post!
Hi, I was on Holly's blog and saw your names, thinking that she had written my name twice. We are the Cloud Family on her blog. I just thought it was funny because my husband's name is Brian and my name is Jami. We even spell it the same! Wierd huh? Anyhow, you've got a cute family. Bye
Hi, I was on Holly's blog and saw your names, thinking that she had written my name twice. We are the Cloud Family on her blog. I just thought it was funny because my husband's name is Brian and my name is Jami. We even spell it the same! Wierd huh? Anyhow, you've got a cute family. Bye
Post a Comment