


On our way to the zoo, Paige kept telling me that she wanted to see the gorillas. I'm pretty sure I heard her say, "Mommy, I want to see borillas at the zoo!" over and over almost the entire 20-25 minute drive! (That's how she says "gorilla" by the way.) :0) So, we went and saw the gorillas. She loved seeing the real gorillas, but she had a lot of fun sitting on the statues also... especially the one in the last 2 pictures. She was very sad to leave them. She had to give them kisses and tell them goodbye when we left! It was pretty funny. After we saw the gorillas, we spent about 20 minutes watching the bonobos. For those who don't know what they are, they are in the ape family and they are the closest genetically to humans. They're pretty amazing and a lot of fun to watch. Paige just sat on the railing and watched everything they did. It's funny because she calls bonobos, bonobos and gorillas, gorillas. They aren't all "monkeys" like most 2 year olds would call them! ;0) We have a funny girl on our hands!
2 comments:
We took CJ to the zoo and he was most interested in the elephants(gets from Grandma Delsa),black bears,and the giraffes. It is fun to see what interests children. I love your pictures! Love you guys!!
It was fun last summer with the kids at the Boise Zoo. Can't wait to do it again...hint, hint. Love you.
Post a Comment