Monday, November 03, 2008

Halloween has come and gone

I hope everyone had a great Halloween. We had a great Halloween week. It started of on Tuesday with Paige's Halloween party at her preschool. She was SO excited to wear her Cinderella costume. I didn't get it out until that morning so she would be extra excited and I wasn't disappointed. :0) (If you know Paige, you can only imagine how she reacted!!) ;0) Paige's party was so fun. There were a couple of other princesses and LOTS of pirates. The kids were so cute in their costumes. They played a few games and then had lots of halloween treats. Luckily, Paige decided to save quite a few of those treats for later, or else we would have had a very hyper and probably sick little girl!! ;0)
For Family Home Evening, Brian, the kids and I decided to paint pumpkins (much easier to paint than carve pumpkins with a 1- and 3-year-old!!) The kids LOVED it. The entire time, Austin reminded us which pumpkin belonged to which person. He would say, "Mommy's punkin....Daddy's punkin.....Paige's punkin...my punkin"....over and over and over again. It really never got old, though, because it was so cute how he said it! :0)
On Thursday, Brian, Brian's mom, the kids and I all went to "Boo at the Zoo" and had a great time there. The kids loved being able to go to a zoo again (oh how we miss the Columbus zoo!!) and they got the added bonus of trick-or-treating while we were there! :0) We saw some great costumes (maybe a few ideas for Halloween's-to-come) and just enjoyed unusually nice weather. Paige LOVED being Cinderella and Austin had no say in being "Prince Charming". Paige had it all lined out. She knew she wanted to be Cinderella for a couple months and then she said that Austin had to be her Prince. Some days she said that he had to be the coachman or the footman, but I decided to stick with Prince Charming. When I was getting Paige dressed at the zoo, she was so excited and kept saying, "Mom, I'm going to be a true princess, right?!?" It was too cute.

It was a good thing we went trick-or-treating at the zoo because Bri's mom and I went on a State Volleyball date and were pretty much gym junkies for 2 days. It was so fun watching some good volleyball with my MIL. We always have a great time together and this weekend was no different! I have to thank Brian for taking care of the kids for me. He didn't feel very well and Austin refused to take a nap while I was gone, but he still did it. At times he was not very happy about it, but hopefully he knows how much I appreciate all he did this weekend!! Brian, Brian's dad, and the kids came with us for a few hours on Saturday. The kids actually did quite well considering the loud gym and the crowded bleachers. I've included a couple pics of the kids hangin' out at State V-ball!!



Well, enjoy the pictures and see if you can pick out Brian's favorite costume from the zoo! :0)

Here are a few extra pics that I couldn't resist putting on here. Paige got these glasses at preschool and of course we had to model them!!! :0)

9 comments:

Katielin317 said...

HA!! I love the devil pic! I had to make sure Kent saw that one:) And your kids look darling! How far apart are they? just curious...Emmie and Kai are 26 months apart. Anyway, miss you!!

Julie N. said...

What a beautiful princess you have! The kids look great and sounds like you had a fun Halloween. Was the 'Boo at the Zoo' at the Pocatello zoo? I haven't been there forever but I'm sure it hasn't changed too much.

Rory and Tosha Sargent said...

hey jami i found your blog on kandras, your kids are so cute, you guys look great!

Kris said...

They look great. It doesn't look like Austin had a problem being prince charming. That smile is very charming.
Hope to see you soon.

Tammy said...

HIs favorite costume is hilarious! maybe we should sent that one to the white house in a few months!

Paige makes a beautiful princess and Austin couldn't be any more charming! What a great costume! I love the last picture with the two of you and your funny glasses!

Nancie said...

your fam is so fun.

state VB always rocks. glad you had a good time.

bring those kids round so we can squeeze em sometime.

The Teeples said...

Jamie,
What a great Halloween. The kids looked great. You really made the most of it.
We miss you!

Jeff and Holly said...

Cute pics. You have the right idea on how to do pumkins! I'll have to remember that next time.

Krystal Trapnell said...

Fun pumpkins!

Jeff says to say hello to Brian and that it was fun to bump into him at the BYU game, even though it took him a second to recognize him! Love our Cougars!