Saturday, February 09, 2008

A little something about my sweet hubby


A couple pictures of my one and only. I absolutely LOVE this picture of him with Paige. Such a sweet daddy, isn't he?!?
What is his name? Brain Patrick
How long have you been married? 6 ½ years
How long did you date? We worked together the summer of 2000 and then dated for 6 months after that. It took him all summer to actually hold a true conversation with me! (Just kidding, but not by much!) :0) We were engaged for 4 months and sealed for time and all eternity in the Bountiful Temple on August 16th, 2001.
Who said I love you first? Brian
Who is taller? Brian
Who can sing better? We both sing a little, but I have to say that I really love Brian's voice. He's very good at singing parts. I've finally been able to get him to sing in the Ward Choir, but only because I'm the director! :0)
Who is smarter? I'd have to say Brian. He just amazes me.
Who does the laundry? Me
Who pays the bills? Me. I have to agree with Laurie and Heather...thank goodness for online bill pay! I even pay our rent online. So nice!!
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Brian. He has to deal with the alarm in the morning, but I have to deal with Paige coming into our bed in the morning because I'm closest to the door.
Who mows the lawn? Brian and sometimes our sweet neighbor who just does it to be nice! Seriously, we are very lucky with the neighbors we have. To return the favor, Brian shovels the snow in his driveway.
Who cooks dinner? Me! Unless putting a frozen pizza in the oven counts as making dinner. Brian's very good at that! :0)
Who drives? Brian. I don't mind one bit!
Who is more stubborn? I think we're pretty even with this one. We can see this quality in our children also. Makes life interesting, that's for sure! :0)
Who kissed who first? Brian kissed me first, but he teases me that I wanted it more.
Who asked who out first? Brian asked me out. I was working with Intramural Volleyball as a supervisor and he was working as a lifeguard in the RB on BYU's campus. He saw me in the hall and asked me. Very romantic, I know. :0)
Who proposed? Brian. He put my engagment ring on my finger while I was asleep. I woke up a little confused and then full realization came and all I could say was, "Yes, yes, yes". Even before he asked me formally! :0)
Who has more siblings? Brian. He has 4 brothers and a sister. I have 3 brothers and a sister.
Who wears the pants? Depends on the issue at hand!
I love you, Brian, with all my heart! Thank you for all you do for the kids and me!
*** I tag Tammy A., Gwen A., and Brittany B.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

YOu know what you do have a sweet hubby. I think you both know how much I think of him. He is awesome. We need to get ogether for some donuts!

Gwen said...

Usually I hate being tagged for these things, but since this one is more about Greg and not me, I have no problems posting them for all the world to see. And I have to admit that it's kind of fun right before Valentines day. So...I can't believe I'm saying this, but...thanks for tagging me!

By the way, I'm not sure if you noticed it or not, but you married BRAIN Patrick...

Laurie Gustafson said...

Okay, so I've been a blogging slacker these last few weeks! l loved hearing about Brian, and seeing all the latest on your blog! Way to go Austin climbing down the stairs!!! I'll get to the crazy 8's soon...I promise!

Bekah and Lance said...

i can't believe that picture of brian with paige. she's so little! and to think, you didn't even know i existed when that picture was taken. :) seems strange!!