When I posted this picture this summer, several people commented on the "look" on Paige's face. I have always interpreted this face as being very mischievious and guess what...that's exactly what our little girl is!!!Here's our story for the day. It all began while eating breakfast. The kids were eating their cereal and I thought I'd jump in the shower real quick while they were happily occupied. It was a very short shower so I didn't think anything would happen. But alas, after I was dressed I went into the kitchen to find the milk jug on the table. (Not a problem usually, but I knew I had put it in the fridge before my shower.) I became very suspicious once I saw Paige's face. I told her that she needed Mom to help her with the milk next time and as I was putting the milk back into the fridge I noticed something moving in the jug. Lo and behold, there were tons of Cheerios in there, but that wasn't what I felt moving. It was a spoon. Paige thought that it would be a good idea to mix in a few Cheerios in the milk with the spoon, but realized that she couldn't get the spoon back out. So that resulted in just under 1/2 gallon of milk wasted. Great.
As soon as I got myself and the kids ready, we left to go visit my sister, brother-in-law, niece and brother. Once we got there, we fed the kids lunch and I put Austin down for his nap. One child down, one more to go. Since my niece was also taking a nap, I decided that it would be safer and more convenient to put Paige and Austin in the same room...Austin in the pack'n'play, Paige in my sister and BIL's bed. After storytime, Paige laid right down, no problem and I thought "Wow, this is going to be much easier than I thought!" I went downstairs to visit with everyone and make a necklace with my sister. After about 20 minutes I thought I heard something upstairs so I went to check up on Paige. I walked into the room and found Paige rubbing almost an entire bottle of lotion into Austin's head. She did manage to rub a little in her own hair, but most of it was on Austin. Austin was awake of course (maybe managed to sleep 30 minutes...maybe). Paige instantly went to timeout while I took Austin downstairs to clean off his head/hair and my wonderful sister took on the task of cleaning off Paige. I should have taken a picture, I know, but I was too angry at the time to do it. After all of this, I knew there wasn't a chance of Austin sleeping again for awhile, so I kept him downstairs and once again went upstairs to try to get Paige to take a nap. (I normally wouldn't worry about it, but I knew she was so tired because she had major bags under her eyes which is her obvious sign of being exhausted!) Once again, she laid down with her doggy and lamb and looked like she was going to fall asleep. I went back downstairs and began working on my necklace again. About 10 minutes later I heard a little someone coming down the stairs and I called up to her to just come down because I knew she wasn't going to sleep. As we were getting ready to leave, I went upstairs to make sure we didn't leave anything and guess what I found this time? Paige had gotten into a drawer and found a certain type of "stash" that I'm sure most married couples have next to their bed and spread it all over the bed...the pillows, sheets, comforter, etc. It was awful. I instantly called down to my sister to show her the evidence. She took it a lot better than I thought! :0) Luckily it was already "wash day" at their house and she put the load of bedding in before we left. So, I don't know if our little "angel" is just curious or purposefully looking for things to do to drive my crazy...I just hope she doesn't have another day like today!!!
5 comments:
Oh Jami, I cannot believe it. What a day. Forgive me for laughing, but when it's not your own child, that extreme naughtiness/creativity is so much more hilarious. Good luck!
i feel your pain, really, i do! she is mighty creative for being so young!:) good luck in a few years!haha:)
Oh Jami, this made me laugh so hard! Kids are so much fun! We have had a relatively calm last couple of months as far as these episodes go so keep checking our blog because sooner or later something is bound to happen!
Sorry, I can't stop laughing! Pictures would have been GREAT...but I totally understand your lack of them. I never think to grab my camera in moments like these. All I can say is enjoy the next few years. About the time she starts to outgrow her naughtines, Austin will be right behind her to pick it up!
Jami, great job on the creative wording. I am very proud of you and yes, Brandon and I still laughing about it and our friends are laughing about it also. Brandon just can't wait till Paige is older and she understands what exactly was in that drawer, so he can totally tease her. Hopefully she marries an amazing guy with a great sense of humor! :o) Love ya guys!!!!
Post a Comment