Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm back!

I've actually been back for a week, but I'm just now getting to posting again. It's been a little crazy since I've been home. I had to clean my house from top to bottom to get ready for my Usborne book party that my mom so wonderfully put on for me and during that time, my children came down with some pretty bad colds. Now, since they can't seem to keep their hands, mouths and slober away from me, I, too, am sick. Not fun, but that just comes with having kids, right?!?


Anyway, I had the most wonderful time visiting friends in Ohio. It was so good to see almost everyone and realize that it's not my home anymore. That was a great feeling, by the way, to know that we finally feel settled where we are now. I was a major slacker with pictures while I was there, but I did manage to take a few. What I'm most proud of, though, is that I was able to get most of the kids from Paige's playgroup to say Hi to Paige through video. Paige LOVES watching them and remembering the fun times she had with them. She seriously has such a good memory. Once she saw the videos, she would tell me something like, "Mom, remember when I played with ____ (fill in the blank with either Sammy, Zachy, or Emalyn) yesterday in my white house?" The white house was our condo in Ohio and yesterday means anytime in the past...it could be years or months ago or actually yesterday. We need to work on the time concept, I know! ;0) A wonderful thank you to all my friends out there, especially Laurie who let me stay with her most of the time I was out there, who made the visit so fun. Seriously, we really need to do it again!!

These first two pictures are from the amazing COSI in downtown Columbus. Austin LOVED it, especially the cloth stacking toy, as you can see. Peek-a-boo is one of his favorite games, if you couldn't tell that from these pictures already! He was such a good boy throughout the entire trip. He slept on the plane (the entire flight home, I might add), was very flexible with going so many different places with me and even missing a few naps. He was a trooper, that's for sure!
Here's Austin and his new buddy, Grace. It's so fun, because Grace's big brother, Sammy, was one of Paige's best buddies out in Ohio...by far...and Austin and Grace hit it off right away, also. Austin would go over to Gracie every time he saw her on the floor and give her slobbery kisses on top of her head...seriously, EVERY TIME! Grace didn't like it much at all, but Austin sure enjoyed it. A true boy, that's for sure! :0)
Here's my wonderful friend, Krissy, and her daughter, Kate, with us at a wonderful little ice cream shop. Krissy gave me the idea to make a little girls' trip out to Ohio and I am so glad that it all worked out!! It was so wonderful to see her again!!! Thanks, Krissy, for everything! For all of you in Ohio, if you haven't gone to Jeni's Ice Cream yet...GO!!! It was so yummy and they have some of the strangest yet most delicious ice cream combos. I think my favorite one was the Chocolate with cayenne pepper (I can't remember what they called it). It was sweet, but had a nice little kick at the end! :0)




6 comments:

Krissy said...

I think we have the same colds and are just getting over it today, it's been a long week since we got home. It was so fun wasn't it? Can't wait till next time!

Kara said...

Oh Jami, it was so good to see you - I wish we could have visited longer too! What a cute picture of Austin and Grace!

The Teeples said...

Oh Jami,
It was such a blast to have you come out! It just felt like you never left. We miss you and will look forward to the next time we will see each other again. Until then there is always blogging.

Love ya,
Heather :)

Annie said...

So fun to see you! I can't believe how big Austin is now. Time goes way too fast. It was great to see you though and see that you are doing so well!

Nancie said...

k im sure you had a blast. but come visit us up here in Washington now. we'd love to have you- and your cute lil fam.

Laurie Gustafson said...

We miss you already!!! I love the pictures you got at COSI and of Austin and Grace. You can come back to visit us anytime you want!!