Sunday, August 26, 2007
Families are Forever
I just found out a couple hours ago that one of my aunts passed away from cancer. I really don't know how to explain my feelings about it all yet, but I do know that I am thankful for the knowledge that I have of eternal families. I can't even imagine what my uncle and cousins are going through right now. My aunt was so full of life, happy, loving and creative (I think the most creative person I've ever known). She was so strong spiritually and she fought her battle with cancer with everything she had. I find it so amazing that she was able to hold on long enough to see two of her beautiful grandbabies who were just born within the last month. That's how important her family was to her. Brian, the kids and I were able to stop by my uncle and aunt's house on our way to Washington for a family reunion. We weren't able to see my aunt, but we were able to have a great visit with my uncle and most of my cousins and were able to feel of her spirit in their home. I am so grateful we were able to go. I know this has to be one of the most difficult things my uncle and cousins have to go through, but there is one thing that will make it a little more bearable...the gospel of Jesus Christ and the promise of eternal families. I feel like my thoughts are very scattered and I'm just rambling, but I just felt like I needed to write something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks Jami!!
Thank goodness for the Gospel and the knowledge we have of God's eternal plan of happiness...eternal life!
Post a Comment