Thursday, January 27, 2011

Visiting my Great Grandma Randall

On our way down to Salt Lake for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas concert, we were able to see my sweet Great Grandma Randall.  She had had a stroke several days before we saw her and we knew we needed to visit her because we weren't sure how long it would be before she passed on.  I'm so glad we did because not even two weeks after this picture was taken, she passed away.  She was 92.  I'm so glad we were able to get this 5 generation picture taken!!  I can't even begin to tell you how blessed I am to be a part of this family!  The women in this picture have had such an impact on me.  They have always been an example of love to me.  They have always been so devoted to their family and most of all, they are constantly bearing their testimony of our Savior and the wonderful gospel by how they live their lives.  I pray and hope that I can become more like these amazing women every day of my life!

 We were able to go to my Grandma's funeral and it was such a neat experience.  The kids were a big handful at times, especially Bryn, but Paige and Austin were so worried about their great-great grandma.  They wanted to make sure she was OK in her coffin and they kept asking questions about what happened to her after she died.  I was so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel that allowed me to explain to them how she was able to go back to heaven and be with her husband again and that she, along with the rest of us, will be resurrected someday.  It was so wonderful to explain to them that we are able to see Grandma Randall again because of what Jesus did when he died for us.  We are able to be an eternal family and always be together.  It was so neat to see them begin to understand that concept.  I'm so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and how happy it makes us, even when a beloved member of our family dies!

No comments: