Monday, July 05, 2010

New England trip - Part 1

I can't believe it's taken me this long to post about my trip to New England. It was such an amazing trip and the girls I went with made it even better. Most of my roommates from my sophomore year at Ricks College were there. We missed Beth, though. She couldn't come with us because she's expecting her 4th baby. I guess that was a good enough reason! ;0) (BTW, Beth, is your sweet baby here yet?!? We need an update!! ;0))

The first destination on our trip was to Newport, Rhode Island. It was such a beautiful place. We toured a couple of the mansions there and, boy, they were some of the most extravagent buildings I have ever seen! The first one we saw was the Breakers. It was the Vanderbilt's summer home in the late 1800's. The whole time we were there, I just kept thinking about how it would be to live in that mansion and it wasn't hard to imagine yourself walking down the grand staircase in a ball gown at the beginning of a ball. It really was amazing. I really wish we could have taken pictures of the inside, but then again, they wouldn't have done it justice.

We had a lobster dinner at our hotel room. It was the first time I had eaten lobster and it was pretty good. We didn't have the right utensil (tool) for breaking open the lobster, so that was a little weird, but it was better than I thought it would be, especially because I am not a seafood lover! I thought it was a very nice-looking dinner, though, don't you think?


Before dinner we went to the beach. It wasn't the warmest day, but it was still fun and refreshing to go to the beach. We had so much fun taking fun jumping pictures and running into the ocean. Ashleigh and Athena even went completely into the water (crazy girls!).


No comments: