We had a wonderful General Conference!! I felt like so many of the messages were specifically written for me. I guess I really need to work on quite a few things!! A few of the talks that touched me the most were given by Elder Oaks (how to gain and bear a true testimony), Elder Hales (being one in purpose just as our Father in Heaven and our Savior are one...how I'm wanting our family to be!), Elder Ballard (motherhood...what a rewarding job we, as mothers, have.) I have much to work on, but this is what I love about General Conference. The messages don't make me feel guilty for the things I'm doing wrong or not doing, they just give me hope and helps me realize that I CAN be better. What a wonderful opportunity we had as members to sustain Thomas S. Monson as our prophet, seer and revelator. He is an amazing man and I love how he focuses on the one and cares so much about us as individuals who are trying to be more Christ-like and live worthily so we can be with our families forever. We are so blessed to have him leading us at this time!
These pictures are of some of the projects that I printed off for Paige so she could hopefully listen to Conference or at least be quiet enough so Brian and I could really listen to the talks. It works as well as it could for a 3-year-old. :0) She was fascinated by the first pictures of the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles and their ties. She said Pres. Uchtdorf's tie with the diagonal stripes and continued to draw stripes on almost every tie. Everytime someone else got up to speak, she'd ask me what his tie was like and she would try to draw it. As you can see the stripes were her favorite! :0) Thank you, Tammy, for giving me the link to these projects!!
4 comments:
These are the same pictures my kids had and they loved them too!
those ties are so cute. i love the stripes.
Aren't conference packets great?? It kept Ethan occupied most of Sunday!!
She did a great job. I am glad that she loved them. I can't wait to see you tomorrow. Love you.Tell Brian he is missing out on donuts! Also that I wish he was coming and that I will eat his donuts for him!
Post a Comment